Now I am ABD for real.
(Unexciting) Dissertation title: Contextualism in Mind and Language
A quick outline:
1. The aims of traditional semantic theory
2. The structure and motivation for the basic contextualist argument
3. Contextualism and unacceptable consequences
4. My view, which of course handles all the problems
5. Applying contextualist insights to some issues in the philosophy of mind/psychology (dynamic thoughts, sharing thoughts, self-knowledge).
It's interesting to compare this with what I thought I was going to be doing.
A Burglar’s Guide to TV
10 months ago